Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Wrap Up...

I honestly cant believe that 2011 is already over. Where did the last 12 months go, SERIOUSLY?! I feel like it was just last week that I sat on my couch December 31, 2010 to ring in the New Year and I made my wishes and my goals and plans for this year. Im not sure how many of my goals I managed to fulfil... I know 1 of my biggest wishes came true in 2011- and hopefully the other one will happen in 2012?? Here's a recap of my year.

January 2011
Nothing too monumental happened in January. We just started a new year, with some new goals.

February 2011
The blizzard of 2011- the first blizzard I have ever lived through. It was AWESOME! I hope we have another one this year! :) Call me crazy, but I LOVED it!

Mom and I went to Florida to visit grandma, grandpa and great grandma. It was time for the annual trip to Florida to celebrate great grandmas birthday. She turned 91 this year! It was a beautiful birthday and I am SO happy we made the trip and that we were able to spend such great time with my great grandma and grandpa. Sadly, this was the last time that I saw them both. We didnt know, but I "knew" as we pulled out of their driveway on our last day visiting, that it was probably the last time I would see either one or both of them. I had to hold back my tears as we drove away waving and saying "See you Later".

March 2011
March 16, we received the news late that night that my grandpa had passed away. We knew a few days prior to this that he was very sick and that his days left were few. When we got the news of his passing I was so happy that we made the trip to Florida only 3 weeks before he passed away. We got to spend some really nice time with my Papa Puppies. He was really proud and loving of my mom and I. I knew that he passed away loving and feeling loved.

March 17, I received the worst phone call of my life so far. My great grandma to had passed away, she unexpectedly in her sleep. I will never forget that phone call or the way that it made me feel. That was the worst moment followed by the worst day of my life. My great grandma was so very very very special to me. She and I had a lot of moments over the last few years that I will treasure very much. She was one of the most special women in my life and I want nothing more than just to see her again. I am so thankful for the years that I was able to spend with her and especially for our most recent trip to Florida to visit her. I just wish I had one more day with her. Just one more.... Loosing her was the single worst thing that happened to me all year. I never got a chance to be at the service for my great grandma or papa and it makes me sad- I was never able to get final closure to really say goodbye. I just want to be able to have a place where my grandma is so that I can go and talk to her and feel close to her. I just want a day of closure finally. I know that I will get that someday, eventually. My life has been changed forever from this day forward.... I will never be the same.

April 2011My diploma came in the mail.... finally sealing the deal that I am officially a COLLEGE GRADUATE!

May 2011
Indy 500 time! For my 6th year in a row! This year's Indy 500 winner was Dan Wheldon, who was sadly called home to heaven only a few months later in October when he died in a fatal racing wreck. It was a sad time for race fans. I am happy I had the opportunity to attend this race and to see his winning! He will be missed in 2012.

My interview at Medieval Times was the day before we left for the Indy 500- That interview CHANGED my life! :)

June 2011
On June 13, I started my "big girl job". This was one of my biggest wishes of the year and it came true! After 6 months and 500+ resumes; my prayers were finally answered and I was blessed with the opportunity to be hired to work for a great company and the opportunity to work with some really great people. I am thankful for this job. I know its not the end of my careers but its a great place to start!

July 2011
On July 4, I was able to make a BIG check off on my Bucket List. I went to a HOME game Crosstown Classic at Wrigley Field and my CUBBIES WON THE GAME!!! I went with Ryan, my dad and my brother. It was a great day and I am happy that I am able to say I attended the game! Bucket List CHECK!

August 2011
On August 31, we celebrated my mom's 50th Birthday. My dad, brother, mom and I went to Chili's for dinner and finished up our evening with cake and my moms' gift at home. We bought her her very own pair of diamond earrings! She had some very happy tears! It was a great birthday for my mom.

September 2011
On September 21, I turned 24 and Ryan and I have been dating for 3 years. My parents, brother, his girlfriend, Ryan and I went to On the Border for dinner and went home for caramel apple cheesecake and presents. It was a great birthday. I must admit, I am dreading my Quarter of a Century Birthday in 2012- I cant believe I'm "that old".

October 2011
Nothing too exciting happened in October; day at the Morton Arboretum, Halloween, fall, the same ole stuff...

November 2011
I was in the McDonalds Thanksgiving Day Parade downtown Chicago with work. We celebrated a nice Thanksgiving with Aunt Cindy, Aunt Karri and her family, Aunt Sue and her clan, grandma, my parents, brother and Ryan. I woke up at midnight to go to Target to snag my parents Christmas gift- but lines were too long for me to wait. On Saturday Mom and I went to see Shrek the Musical (another perk from working at Medieval Times)...later that day mom and dad went out Christmas shopping and I went to the Immediate Care since I had been sick all weekend and thought for sure I had strep throat. Turned out to be nothing more than a pesty sore throat. We started decorating for Christmas and getting ready for the most wonderful time of the year.

November 30, Ryan's cousin Courtnie welcomed Kazmir the most beautiful (handsome) baby boy into the world! I am so happy for her and her mom, dad, Tyler and the family. We have a new addition to love and adore! :)

I was awarded Employee of the Month at work- after only 5 months of service! What a great honor!
December 2011
Christmas was quite this year but just the way I like it. We didnt have ANY snow which was a real bummer! It was in the high 40's all Christmas week. We had a nice celebration at the office. Christmas Eve mom and I watched movies, I went out with Ryan and his parents for dinner and presents, and we ended the night with the most beautiful 11PM church service. What a great way to welcome Christmas! Christmas day we opened gifts- I got a KINDLE and the Coach Tote I had been eyeing and thought they sold out of! We went to Ryans family for dinner and gifts and then made our way to my side of the family for gifts and socializing. Christmas is my favorite holiday, I am truly sad that its all over...until next year.

December 29, was my Dads 50th Birthday. The day was quiet for him and I felt really bad. It wasnt the best of birthdays for him, but I know that he knows how much we love him and tried to make his birthday good. We bought him a golf GPS Sky Caddy- which he had been wanting for months! Now he just cant wait for golf season to come around so he can use it!

The 29th was our first REAL icy day of weather. Dad told me to leave early and allow myself time- which I DID! I left 15 minutes earlier than I usually do and I still made it to work at the same time I ALWAYS do- thats how careful I was! It was a fine drive until I made it into my work parking lot where I lost control of the car and slid into the curb (pretty hard) and broke the wheel right out of my car. I'm not very auto technical, but I know I did quite some damage. Thank God my dad was awake at home and he made his way out to my work to survey the damage and get my car a tow. Its going to cost me a $500 deductible to get Colby fixed (which sucks) but I'm happy that the only damage was to parts and not to the body of the car. What a horrible way to start a day and to end a year.

I am so sad that this year is coming to an end. It makes me sad that I grew up and lost so much this year. It makes me sad that the closer we get to a new year, the further I get from my Great Grandma. In only 1 month it will be the last time that I ever saw her, in 2 months it will be a year since she passed away. My heart still aches as if she were taken away from me yesterday.

I know I often complained about NOT having a "big girl job" and I really grateful everyday that I have been blessed with such a thing; but there are some days that I wish for my "student" days back. I missing being home all the time, I miss sleeping in, I miss being able to request any day off, I miss having a schedule that was more compatible with Ryans. Now that I get up at 7:30AM and work a 40 hour work week, I am like an old lady- tired by 10 in bed sleeping by 11; I miss seeing Ryan like I used to!

2011 was a good year; not better than any previous year. I did get the official graduation documentation and I was able to find a nice paying full time job; I did lose 2 of my loved ones and I've learned some things in life that are hard to learn, hard to deal with, and hard to cope with.

God only gives us what we can handle and 2011 was another year that we handled and have now gotten through.



Goodbye 2011 and Hello 2012...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!