Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Medieval Time with Aunt Cindy and Sue



As an employee at Medieval Times (MT) we get some really nice perks- FREE tickets! When we're hired, on our birthday's and at Christmas (and we get a whole year to use them). Since I was JUST at a show back in June when I got hired and I was getting 4 tickets again for my birthday in September, and 4 again in December; I decided to use my tickets as a gift for my aunt Cindy and her roommate Sue.

My aunt and Sue both have mental disabilities. Both Sue and my aunt are under the care of a great non-for profit here in the Chicago area, called the Little City Foundation. They live independentally together in an apartment facility that has been arranged by Little City. We've tried to give my aunt the most "normal" life that she can have. She live independently, works a full time job, travels, and lives day to day like you and I do. I knew that the oportunity for Sue and my aunt to attend Medieval Times was a rare one- so we wanted to make sure that this was the best experience we could give them!

My mom came to work to pick me up. Before she got to the castle- there was the most beautiful RAINBOW that I've ever seen out my window! I have a beautiful view! The sky on that day was so dark and cloudy and the rainbow was so strong! It was amazing!


The whole drive over to the castle (20 min or so) the girls in the backseat couldnt stop talking about Medieval Times, the horses, and what color knight we would have. They were so excited!

Here are some pictures of us arriving at the castle! (notice Sue's horse shirt) she wore that special for the night- she LOVES horses!


We arranged to have both my Aunt and Sue knighted during the knighting cermonies at the castle. Luckily and thankfully- I work at the right place and with wonderful people and they arranged the knighting ceremonies free of charge for us!

Here are the pictues of Aunt Cindy being Knighted! (she was so surprised!)



Here is Sue being Knighted! Look at her face!

Both the girls got a copy of the photo of them being knighted and a special announcement was made for them during the show!

We made a stop at the gift shop so the girls could get some MT goodies! Aunt Cindy loves unicorns-and Sue love horses! Here they are with their gifts!




We sat in the yellow section!


Yay for the Yellow Knight- WE WON!


Cindy and Sue with the Yellow Knight- Robert! (they thought he was sooo handsome!)